Anyone have any cool ideas?

luke
Site Admin

Anyone have any cool ideas?

Post by luke » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Anyone have any cool ideas for elements that could be added to the game for better puzzles?

btw I've created hydraulic things, that push boxes when activated, and created a few new puzzles using them, which should be out soon in the next update.

dettox

Re: Anyone have any cool ideas?

Post by dettox » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:59 pm

I'm not a prorammer myself so I don't really know what is possible and what isn't.

I like the idea of playing with water levels. Say that the normal boxes float on water so that the lever looks different dending on what level ou have the water. I hope you understand what i mean. I think this is a classic element in a lot of "puzzle" games.

Also, rolling balls are a cool idea. So that balls will roll and must follow a certain path to work. Which you sort of already have implementet using boxes, pushers, transporters, and buttons. (Where the drop of one box on a transporter drops on a button which opens a door and lets down another box into a different transporter which falls onto a pusher that pushes a block onto a button....etc) I love that sh*t =)

luke
Site Admin

Post by luke » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:02 pm

I like your ideas :) ,

I can see a few puzzles working with the water, having some boxes float and some sink. Could have a sinking box pushing down a floating box for some reason, etc. And maybe the player can swim underwater or something. May have to do some improvements to physics to make it look nice, eg have the boxes bob up and down.

Was thinking about rolling balls before. Few parts I wasn't sure about but, how to trigger/push them, how far they should roll/when they should stop, and might seem weird if you stack stuff on top of them.

Thinking I could have a similar puzzle element to a rolling ball, with a automatic robot, like the car. you drop a box on it and it drives forward till it hits a wall or something. not sure.

Fak3cz

Post by Fak3cz » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:44 pm

I got several simple ideas:

1. special colored box, gains properities of trampoline box when activated by button/laser etc.

2. solid vertical (when activated by button/laser = rising) hydraulic, same properities as present horizontal one

3. special colored block which cannot be moved by player (although it obeys gravity), gains properities of movable box when activated by button/laser etc.

All of these ideas have easy mechanism, I think they are feasible.

luke
Site Admin

Post by luke » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:27 pm

They sound good, I'll have a look at them, I normally like to work out if they allow a few puzzles to be made based on the items.

BTW the solid vertical hydraulic is already in the game it's used in some of the late puzzle levels.

RazielFuligin

Post by RazielFuligin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:36 pm

I haven't finished all the levels, but I have some ideas that could be cool and I think don't exist (although the game is quite complete, specially if you take into account that you can move most of the gadgets and so the combinations multiply).
  • A cannon. Like the trampoline but it fires at an angle.
  • A catapult. Like a cannon but it uses two tiles and you need to drop a box in one of the tiles so that it "throws" the item in the other.
    The cannon and the catapult are useful to send objects to another place and are more flexible (and so more open to think because they give less clues) than the teleporter.
  • A box creator. When the fox jumps of it, it gives you a box.
  • An object cloner (a variation of the box creator) When the fox drops an object on it, it makes a copy.
  • A Portal. It has an origin like the teleporter and a "remote control" like the car, but you can move freely the destination to put the other side of the portal. I'm not sure how can be done to move the destination freely because the "up" button exits the remote in the car
  • An antigravity box. When the fox carries it, the gravity for the fox reverses and he can walk on the ceiling (and do an inverse jump). This generates new levels who should be closed but in which there are new routes. It is more like a "magnet box" because the other objects in the map doesn't change. It could be also a "full antigravity box" if all the objects gravity changes.
  • A ghost box. When the fox carries it, he can pass through some special tiles, which could make holes or tunnels in the map. It is conceptually similar to the key and the door, but with the key the door disappears. The ghost box is more similar to a temporary key. If you don't have it you can't cross the special tiles again. It also allows for tunnels and the like.

luke
Site Admin

Post by luke » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:59 pm

Sorry read though this before but just noticed that I didn't reply. I quite like these ideas. Think I'm definitely going to have to add the antigravity box.. hmmm maybe I could also add a global anti gravity button or something, then picking up the anti gravity box would make you walk with normal gravity :p while everything is flying.

Chinagride

-

Post by Chinagride » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:16 pm

you know what would be rilly cool if lordi wase made in to lego characters . every body loves lego and moste people loves the band lordi so why not put them together they have turned batman into lego and they have turned starwars into lego but they dont have aney bands made into lego so why not have a band theam to lego

tell me what you think