Questions regarding level creation

Post your levels here
RazielFuligin

Questions regarding level creation

Post by RazielFuligin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:46 pm

I have successfully created a level (I posted it in the custom levels post) but I did more trial and error than I would like because the active tiles are very little and it is not easy to know what is everyone of them. And I'm not sure about the functionality either.
Is there any "annotated list of tiles"?. It would be welcome to create more levels. Or at least an image with all the "not used" tiles in the tileset crossed out.
I also have some questions/assumptions:
  • I understand that three are five types of doors (red, green, violet, blue and orange) and it can be used in an horizontal and vertical way.
  • I understand that there are two types of teleporters (green and blue) and that each teleporter box is connected to the same colored teleporter door.
  • I don't understand the laser set. It seems that some of the possibilities are missing. For example, there is no upward emitter. And the receptors are not complete either. For example, there is only a blue upper receptor and there is no down receptor. Finally I don't know the difference between the laser receptor with a white line and the one with a red one. The red is the active one and shouldn't be used?
  • There are three symbols I don't recognize (hence the suggestion of an annotated map). One is just below the violet door and is similar to the horizontal piston (it is also to the left of the red and green pistons). The second one is a little doll which is right below the mirrors.The third one is like an inverted teleporter and is just below the green gem. May be they are used in levels I haven't solved yet.
  • Does the laser always close the door and the switch opens it? What happens if there are a laser and a switch. Which has precedence?

Thanks in advance for any light on this

luke
Site Admin

Re: Questions regarding level creation

Post by luke » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Is there any "annotated list of tiles"?. It would be welcome to create more levels. Or at least an image with all the "not used" tiles in the tileset crossed out.

Yeah this seems like a good, idea. For now if you're not sure if a tile is used, right click on it and go 'Tile Properties', if it is blank it's not a special tile, and will just be used as a solid object.

I don't understand the laser set. It seems that some of the possibilities are missing. For example, there is no upward emitter. And the receptors are not complete either. For example, there is only a blue upper receptor and there is no down receptor. Finally I don't know the difference between the laser receptor with a white line and the one with a red one. The red is the active one and shouldn't be used?

There is an upward emitter, and down blue receptor in the latest version, I may just have to upload a new template.

yeah the red one is active and shouldn't be used, it's just used by the game engine. (it picks the next tile when active)

There are three symbols I don't recognize (hence the suggestion of an annotated map). One is just below the violet door and is similar to the horizontal piston (it is also to the left of the red and green pistons). The second one is a little doll which is right below the mirrors.The third one is like an inverted teleporter and is just below the green gem. May be they are used in levels I haven't solved yet.

These aren't in the game, all of them are just me playing around with some new stuff that didn't work out.

Does the laser always close the door and the switch opens it? What happens if there are a laser and a switch. Which has precedence?

Doors start closed. Pressing a button opens it. having an laser receptor without a laser opens it. So all buttons have to be unpressed and all laser receptors need lasers before a door stays closed.